If you have questions about the software or run into a problem, you can get help here:
- CBECC-Res Quick Start Guide. Provides brief descriptions of the program's main features.
- CBECC-Res FAQ. Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers) about CBECC-Res, updated March 17, 2017.
- CBECC-Res 2016 User Manual and 2013 User Manual. These User Manuals can also be accessed through the program's Help menu.
- 2013 Residential Alternative Calculation Method Reference Manual. Revised December 2015.
- 2016 Residential Alternative Calculation Method Reference Manual. Revised September 2016.
The Quick Start Guide, FAQ, and User Manual are also available in the Software's Help menu.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/REPORT AN ISSUE
If you have a question that is not covered by one of these documents or if you think CBECC-Res is not operating correctly, send an email to CBECC-Res Support and we'll answer your question as soon as possible.
If you are reporting a CBECC-Res crash or error, please include as much of the following as possible (copy and paste this template into your email):
CBECC-Res version (Help: About): CBECC-Res 2013-?? (???) Describe the error, using as much detail as possible. List the steps taken to produce the error, using as much detail as possible. 1. 2. etc.If there is an error message, what is the message? If possible, take a screenshot of the error message and attach it to the email as a file.
Please attach your <ProjectName>.ribd file. This is the file you open and save from inside CBECC-Res. By default, this file is located in the C:\Users\<your username>\My Documents\CBECC-Res-2013-??\Projects directory.
For more information about the Building Energy Efficiency Standards and compliance software, including training materials, presentations and a list of approved compliance programs, visit the Energy Commission's Online Resource Center.
CEC COMPLIANCE MANAGER AND THIRD-PARTY TOOLS
If you are interested in using the CEC Compliance Manager in third-party vendor compliance software tools, the documentation of the API is included in the software installation (see ...Data\Documents\CEC Compliance Manager (res) software docu v#.pdf).